Steve is one of the co-CEOs of the firm. In this role, Steve works closely with the firm’s Board of Directors and shares the responsibility for leading the firm’s initiative for product delivery and quality, client services, corporate culture, firm growth and community presence.
Steve joined Schneider Downs in 2001, became a Shareholder in 2004 and was appointed co-CEO in 2014. Steve is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors and executive management team.
In his 24+ year career, Steve has had the opportunity to work with companies ranging from start-ups to large national organizations. He is active in the firm’s SEC, ERISA and SOC practices, and serves clients in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, supply chain, restaurant/retail, bio-science, financial services, and oil and gas.
Steve spent the first 10 years of his career with a national public accounting firm, and also has experience in private industry as a corporate controller for a multi-location, family-owned business.
Steve believes in balancing his career and personal life. He enjoys spending time with his wife and three children, traveling and participating in their activities. Steve also coaches youth athletics and enjoys running and golfing.
- Member—American and Pennsylvania Institutes of Certified Public Accountants
- Member—Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Member—Schneider Downs Board of Directors
- Past Chair—Schneider Downs SEC Practice Group
- Board Member—Mars Bank
- Member—Duquesne University Accounting Advisory Board
- Supporter—Annual JDRF Gala
- South Fayette Youth Soccer and Basketball Coach
- Past Treasurer and Board Member—South Fayette Lady Lions Basketball Association
B.S.—Accounting, Penn State University
Linsly High School (Wheeling, WV)