Update: 3/26/2020 2:30 PM
The Pa Department of Health held its Daily Health Update. Notes from the stream are below. You can watch the full update HERE.
- Cases have now been seen in 48 counties.
- Still seeing an exponential rise in new cases.
- Most positive cases are in 50 and over age bracket.
- This is approx. 46% of all cases.
- 39% of cases are in the 25-49 year age bracket.
- More than 170 people have required hospitalizations since March 6th.
- That is about 10% of individuals who have tested positive.
- 56 have needed care in ICU.
- 32 have required the help of breathing machines.
- We now have 16 deaths in the state.
- 68% of deaths have been over the age of 65.
- The state continues to distribute PPE to hospitals, counties, care centers, etc.
- 678,630 N95 Masks
- 207,600 Procedure Masks
- 380,000 Gloves
- 36,870 PPE Gowns
- 44,000 Goggles and Face Protection Shields
- Know someone having a mental health crisis? Text 'PA' to 741741.
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
- Dept. of Health is re-evaluating the closure of dental care offices.
- We are just now seeing people who contracted the virus about two weeks ago.
- To get through this crisis, we will need to work together to slow the spread of this virus.
- The hospitals will face capacity issues.
- Yesterday, the state legislature approved a $50 Million funding infusion to our state healthcare system.
- Continue to distance ourselves socially to do our part to buy our healthcare system time.
- This virus can hide for 14 days before you show symptoms, so we must act as if we all have it.
- Just about 650,000 Pennsylvanians have submitted unemployment claims.
- The state is working hard to process these claims as quickly as possible.
- By the end of tomorrow they are expecting that number to be over 800,000 claims.
Update: 3/26/2020 12:30 PM
The PA Dept. of Health have released updated COVID-19 numbers for 3/26/20. They've added 560 additional cases since yesterday, brining the statewide total to 1,687. Five more deaths have been reported for a total of 16. 16,441 Pennsylvanians have tested negative. There is a 2pm scheduled video update. We will update this page with notes from it.
Reported Western Pennsylvania counties:
- Allegheny: 133
- Fayette: 8
- Washington: 12
- Beaver: 13
- Butler: 19
- Lawrence: 1
- Westmoreland: 24
- Mercer: 3
- Greene: 3
- Armstrong: 1
- Indiana: 1
Original Article: 3/26/2020 11:24 AM
The Allegheny Health Department has announced forty-five New Cases of COVID-19 in the County brining the total to 133 cases. Of those cases twenty were hospitalized. There have been two deaths.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-4 years: 1
- 5-12 years: 1
- 13-18 years: 3
- 19-24 years: 21
- 25-49 years: 52
- 50-64 years: 37
- 65+ years: 18
"The department continues to conduct contact tracing with those who have tested positive, making recommendations for self-quarantine as appropriate. Residents are encouraged to comply with the Governor’s stay-at-home order in order to slow the spread of the virus in our community"
We will update this page after the State's Daily Health Update this afternoon.
Thumbnail courtesy of Getty Images.