Update 3/24/2020 1:09 PM
The PA Department of Health held their daily press conference today at 2pm. You can watch the full press conference HERE. Notes from the stream are below.
- Dr. Levine
- Around 10% of people who have tested positive for COVID-19 have needed hospital care.
- 8,647 Pennsylvanians have tested negative.
- Seven have passed away due to COVID-19
- These numbers are expected to rise and enforces our need for people to stay home.
- How can you help?
- There is an urgent request for blood donation.
- Donate to a local food bank to help families in need.
- Daily Reminders
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap/water is not available.
- Do not cough in hands.
- Try not to touch your face.
- Clean surfaces daily.
- If you know someone experiencing a mental health crisis, text 'PA' to 741741.
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
- Continues to see an exponential rise of new cases of COVID-19.
- Doubling of new cases every 2-3 days.
- Currently, do not track number of patients that have recovered.
- The state is purchasing ventilators to supplement current supplies.
- They are expecting to see the spread of COVID-19 to rural areas in PA. But, do not expect to see the type of numbers that we are seeing in larger cities like Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
- The State has made requests (PPE - N95 Masks) from the Federal Government, and the items has been delivered via the National Stock Pile.
- There have been cases reported in nursing homes.
- There will be another Health Update tomorrow at 2pm.
Original Article 3/24/2020 1:09 PM
The Pa Health Department of Health will be holding their daily press conference at 2pm. Ahead of that, they shared updated state-wide COVID-19 numbers. Since yesterday, there have been 207 additional positive cases of coronavirus in the state. This brings the total to 851 with over 40 counties effected. There are 7 total deaths.
Those numbers are a little behind based on local updates. This morning Allegheny County Health department said there 58 positive cases in Allegheny County. They also announced a second death in county. The individual who passed was in their late 70s.
These reported numbers will differ from the @PAHealthDept numbers. ACHD is working with PA-DOH to figure out why they do not match and hope to have that discrepancy resolved shortly.
Other Western PA cases reported by Pa Health.
- Washington: 9
- Fayette: 2
- Westmoreland: 11
- Armstrong: 1
- Butler: 6
- Beaver: 3
- Mercer : 2