The PA Dept of Health held a press conference today to share their latest Coronavirus updates. Some notes from the press conference are below.
- As of 12am this morning (3/17/20), the current count for positive cases in PA is 96.
- All are in isolation or being treated at a hospital.
- Currently they are receiving reports of new cases from commercial and state labs.
- 879 patients have tested negative.
- New cases and negative tests will only be reported once a day. Any results reported after 12am will be reported the next day.
- Most PA residents that are tested are being tested through commercial or hospital laboratories.
- PA Health officials are working hard to track exposure of current patients. It is becoming more difficult as the number of cases grows.
- Not yet seeing sustained community spread, but they expect to see evidence of it in the future.
- They're calling for blood donations. Donation centers are set up to protect against the spread while accepting blood donations.
- Calling for food donations.
- Asking for you to call on seniors to ensure their safety.
- Stay calm. Stay home. Stay safe.
- Mental Health resources are available.
- Crisis Text line: Text 'PA' to 741741
Daily reminders form the PA Health Dept.
- Wash hands frequently with soap.
- Use hand sanitizer if soap is not available.
- Do not touch your face.
- Clean surfaces regularly.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
You can watch the full press conference below.