On Monday, Government officials shared new guidelines aimed at slowing the spread of the #Covid19. These precautions are encouraged to be followed over the next 15 days. They will be re-evaluated as necessary. They include:
- All Americans who can work from home are urged to do so.
- Americans should not gather in groups of more than ten people.
- Schooling should be at home
- Discretionary travel and social visits should be avoided.
- Anyone who is sick should stay home – and those who live in the same home as an ill person should self-quarantine.
- Older Americans should stay home and avoid crowds and eating out in restaurants.
“(The precautions) will fail if people don’t adhere to them,” Dr. Fauci said. “We have to, as a whole country, cooperate and collaborate to get this done.”
Additional notes from the press conference include:
- A vaccine candidate has begun phase 1 of a clinical trial
- Stay home if you are sick
- If a family member is sick in your household, quarantine that member
- If children are sick, please keep them home
- As of now, no plans for a nationwide lock-down.
“At this point (we’re not considering an order) nationwide, but there are some -- you know, some places in our nation that are not very affected at all but we may -- we may look at certain areas,” Trump said during a news conference at the White House.
You can watch the full press release below.
Image Courtesy of Getty Images.