The #ClearviewKitchenChallenge is happening now through November 20th.
Join me in cooking for a cause! It’s easy…just post a picture or video of your favorite meal and recipe on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, tag Clearview Federal Credit Union, and use hashtag #ClearviewKitchenChallenge.
Each post earns a $5 donation to the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, and that $5 provides 25 meals for those facing food insecurity in our community! Plus, if you participate, you’re entered to win a Clearview Kitchen Challenge prize pack, featuring a KitchenAid stand mixer & more! (A $400 value!).
I did a video featuring one of my favorite meals, City Chicken with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.Check it out below, along with the full recipe!
City Chicken with Cranberry Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables
- 6 pork chops, cut into cubes
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of Canola Oil
- Skewer Sticks
- Optional: 3 pieces of veal, cut into cubes
City Chicken Prep/Cooking
- Cut the pork chops into cubes (remove fat if desired)
- Place the cubed pork on the skewers (4-5 pieces on each skewer)
- Place flour on a plate, and add salt/pepper
- Beat eggs, and place in a dish you can fit the skewers in
- Dredge each skewer in the eggs, and then coat with flour
- Preheat the canola oil in a large skillet
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Using tongs, place each skewer of meat in the oil and brown all sides until golden brown
- Place each skewer next to each other in a rectangle cake pan or casserole dish
- Add some salt and pepper on top of each skewer
- Take the oil from the skillet and drizzle it over the pork skewers (careful, it’s HOT!)
- Cover the pan with foil, and place in the over for 45 minutes
- Remove foil after 45 minutes, and cook for another 10-15 minutes
- Remove from oven, rest for 5 minutes, and serve!
- NOTE: Internal temperature for the pork should be at least 165 degrees.
- Idaho Instant Mashed Potatoes (follow directions on bag)
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables (follow directions on bag)
- Add butter to potatoes and veggies
- Sprinkle a small handful of dried cranberries on potatoes when plating
Chef’s Note: If you’re not a fan of mashed potatoes and mixed veggies, here are some other great side dish recommendations:
- Cabbage and Noddles
- Brussel Sprouts
- Green Beans