Sidney Crosby has been placed on the NHL's COVID-19 protocol list.
Penguins head coach Mike Sullivan made the announcement on Tuesday morning and said, "Sid will not be available for tonight’s game. He will be listed on the NHL’s COVID protocol list. We didn’t have a morning skate this morning due to the NHL’s COVID protocol."
That doesn't mean he tested positive for COVID, as there a number of different reasons players can be put on that list:
- (1) an initial positive test which remains unconfirmed until confirmatory testing is completed pursuant to the Positive Test Protocol
- (2) mandated isolation for symptomatic individuals pursuant to the Positive Test Protocol
- (3) required quarantine as a high-risk close contact in accordance with the Positive Test Protocol
- (4) isolation based on a confirmed positive test result
- (5) quarantine for travel or other reasons as outlined in the COVID-19 Protocol
The Penguins host the Flyers tonight at PPG Paints Arena at 7pm.
Photo: Getty Images