AHN COVID-19 Testing Schedules Released through Saturday, January 16
PITTSBURGH, PA (January 11, 2021) – Allegheny Health Network (AHN) has released its latest covid-19 testing schedules for its community sites through Saturday, January 16.
Patients must be experiencing symptoms associated with covid-19 such as fever, shortness of breath and cough to receive a test across AHN collection sites. While the CDC recommends testing for asymptomatic individuals who may have been exposed to the virus, AHN is taking this measure to best ensure adequate testing supplies are available for those experiencing symptoms and the most vulnerable of patients.
To find asymptomatic public testing sites in the area, please visit the Pennsylvania DOH website.
AHN Testing Locations
Appointments: For these testing sites, patients MUST have a physician’s order and appointment. If patients don't have an order, they can schedule a video visit by calling the AHN 24/7 on-call nurse line at 412-687-7348 or accessing their MyChart account to make an e-visit with an AHN provider.
AHN McCandless, 9335 McKnight Rd, McCandless, Pa 15237:
- 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Peters H+W Pavilion, 108 Gallery Drive, McMurray, Pa 15317
- 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
Forbes Hospital, 2600 Haymaker Rd, Monroeville, 15146
- 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
AHN West Side H+W Pavilion, 4247 Ridge Road, Erie PA 16506:
- 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday – Saturday
575 Lincoln Avenue, Bellevue, PA 15202
- 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
AHN Braddock Urgent Care Center, 501 Braddock Ave., Braddock PA 15104:
- 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Citizens Hospital, 651 Fourth Ave, New Kensington, PA 15068:
- 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday
What to expect when arriving at AHN testing sites:
- Patients are asked to wait in their vehicle until instructed to enter the facility by an AHN caregiver. Upon arrival to the testing site, patients must formally ‘check in’ through the MyChart application or by texting 412-525-5808.
- Only patients being tested are permitted into the facility, with the exception of pediatric patients.
- A mask must be worn at all times during the appointment.
- The sample is collected via a nasal swab and the process typically takes less than 30 seconds, not including any wait times.
- Testing results for the coronavirus typically take 3-5days, depending on regional test volume. Individuals will be contacted directly with their results. As volumes increase, wait times for results may be longer.
- While waiting for their test results, individuals should stay at home. Those who receive positive COVID-19 test results may be issued additional care orders or self-isolation orders.
For more information on testing across AHN, please visit ahn.org/collectionsites.