PITTSBURGH, PA (June 23, 2020)– Allegheny Health Network (AHN) today announced the schedule for its mobile testing unit through Friday, June 26. The vehicle will be at the following locations from10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. this week:
- Tuesday, June 23– City Hall Building in Clairton (551 Ravensburg Boulevard)
- Wednesday, June 24– Hazelwood Family Health Center in Hazelwood (4915 Second Avenue)
- Thursday, June 25– AHN Canonsburg Hospital in Canonsburg (100 Medical Boulevard)
- Friday, June 26– Alma Illery Medical Center in Homewood (7227 Hamilton Avenue)
To undergo COVID testing at the AHN mobile clinics, patients should either be experiencing symptoms consistent with the virus – including fever, cough and shortness of breath – or believe they are at risk due to contact with someone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis. A physician’s order IS NOT required for an appointment at AHN’s mobile clinic, but an appointment is encouraged to minimize wait times. Patients can make an appointment by calling AHN’s 24/7 Nurse On Call-line (412-NURSE4U – or 412-687-7348).
What to expect when arriving at the mobile testing site:
- Patients will walk or drive through a secured, marked area.
- No outdoor restrooms will be available at the collection locations.
- The sample is collected via a nasal swab and the process typically takes less than 30 seconds, not including any wait times.
- Testing results for the coronavirus typically take 5-7days, depending on regional test volume. Individuals will be contacted directly with their results. As volumes increase, wait times for results may be longer.
- While waiting for their test results, individuals should stay at home. Those who receive positive COVID-19 test results may be issued additional care orders or self-isolation orders.
AHN also continues to make COVID-19 testing available at the following community locations:
- AHN Wexford Health + Wellness Pavilion, 12311 Perry Highway, Wexford PA 15090
- AHN Bethel Park Health + Wellness Pavilion, 990 Higbee Dr., Bethel Park PA 15102
- 4220 William Penn Highway, Monroeville PA , 15146
- AHN West Side Health + Wellness Pavilion, 4247 Ridge Road, Erie PA 16506
- AHN Braddock Urgent Care, 501 Braddock Ave., Braddock PA 15104
- The former Divine Providence/Kindred Hospital, 1004 Arch St., Pittsburgh PA 15212
- Heights Plaza Shopping Center, 1828 Union Ave., Natrona Heights, PA 15065
More information on the testing locations can be found at https://www.ahn.org/coronavirus/where-to-go-for-help/testing.