Update - 5/29/2020 2:10 PM
The PA Dept. of Health held a press update today at 2:00p. A few notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full live stream below.
- Today the first Pa counties moved into the Green Phase.
- At 12:01 am on Friday, June 5th, an additional 16 counties will move into the Green Phase of #COVID19 Mitigation. Those counties include:
- Allegheny, Armstrong, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Clinton, Fayette, Fulton, Greene, Indiana, Lycoming, Mercer, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland.
- At that same time, every county currently in the Red phase will move into the Yellow phase.
- The goal is to make sure every Pennsylvanian is safe.
- Testing has been increased to a new highpoint of 13,000 tests a day at over 300 sites across the commonwealth. We have more testing sites than any other state.
- We have expanded contact tracing to be able to trace every NEW diagnosed case.
- Our daily count of new cases is now below 600.
- All of us, all 13 Million Pennsylvanians, need to stay safe and continue to be precautious. This includes wearing masks and practicing social distancing tactics.
- As of 12 am, 70,735 Pennsylvanians have tested positive for #COVID19.
- Statewide we are estimating that 64% of these cases have recovered from the virus.
- As we all move into the Green phase, everyone must stay alert. Be alert of your surroundings, and maintain social distancing. If you can't social distance, think about staying home.
- When you get together with friends or family, try to spend that time outdoors and wear masks.
- Be aware and alert that COVID-19 has not gone away.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- Mental Crisis Text Line. Text 'PA to 741741
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
Update - 5/29/2020 12:05 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 693 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 70,735. There have been 5,464 deaths statewide. 366,970 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map, HERE.
PA NEW positive case numbers each day for the last seven days:
- 5/23/20- 725
- 5/24/20- 730
- 5/25/20- 473
- 5/26/20- 451
- 5/26/20- 780
- 5/26/20- 625
- 5/26/20- 693
Original Article - 5/29/2020 11:05 AM
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area.
As of this morning, there are 19 new cases in the county with a total of 1,870 cases (confirmed or probable). 336 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. Out of those 336, one-hundred-thirty have been admitted to the ICU with sixty-seven requiring the use of a ventilator. There have been 151 deaths. 31,263 test have been administered.
An interactive map of case locations as well as their COVID-19 Dashboard is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-9 years: 22
- 10-19 years: 36
- 20-29 years: 267
- 30-39 years: 237
- 40-49 years: 230
- 50-59 years: 327
- 60-69 years: 302
- 70+ years: 449