Update - 5/8/2020 2:10 PM
The PA Dept. of Health held a press update today at 2:00p. A few notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full live stream below.
- Today 24 counties moved into the Yellow phase of re-opening in Pennsylvania.
- Starting next Friday, May 15th, at 12:01 am, 13 more counties will have some mitigation restrictions lifted. The following will move from the Red to Yellow Phase:
- CORONAVIRUS: What To Expect In PA's Yellow Reopening Phase
“The reopening plan prioritizes the health and welfare of Pennsylvanians by using a combination of factors to gauge how much movement a location can tolerate before the 2019 novel coronavirus becomes a threat,” Gov. Wolf said. “I’d like to emphasize that this plan is not a one-way route. We are closely monitoring the 24 counties in the yellow phase and will re-impose restrictions if danger arises.”
- 3,553 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- 2,122 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in food industry workers.
- 10,919 cases have been reported across 522 long term care living facilities, which include nursing and personal care homes.
- To date, there have been 3,316 deaths.
- All of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- Guidelines have been released to Dental providers to provide care to patients statewide.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- Mental Crisis Text Line. Text 'PA to 741741
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
Update - 5/8/2020 12:15 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 1,323 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 54,238. There have been 3,616 deaths statewide. 216,321 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map, HERE.
PA NEW positive case numbers each day for the last seven days:
- 5/02/20 - 1334
- 5/03/20 - 962
- 5/04/20 - 825
- 5/05/20 - 865
- 5/06/20 - 888
- 5/07/20 - 1070
- 5/08/20 - 1323
Original Article 5/8/2020 11:39 AM
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area.
As of this morning, there are 16 new cases in the county with a total of 1,455 cases (confirmed or probable). 259 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. Out of those 259, one-hundred-six have been admitted to the ICU with sixty-two requiring the use of a ventilator. There have been one-hundred-nineteen deaths. 10,241 test have been administered.
An interactive map of case locations as well as their COVID-19 Dashboard is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-9 years: 8
- 10-19 years: 21
- 20-29 years: 217
- 30-39 years: 187
- 40-49 years: 183
- 50-59 years: 269
- 60-69 years: 243
- 70+ years: 327
Breakdown of cases by gender:
- Female: 53%
- Male: 47%
"The data reflected in these updates include information reported to the department in the past 24 hours since March 14 when the first case was reported in the county. For information relative to number of cases by date the test was taken and deaths by date of death, visit the county’s dashboard at http://alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus. It is updated each day by noon."
Thumbnail courtesy of Getty Images.