The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 825 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 50,092. There have been 2,458 deaths statewide. 195,498 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map, HERE.
PA NEW positive case numbers each day for the last seven days:
- 4/28/20 -1,214
- 4/29/20 -1,102
- 4/30/20 -1,397
- 5/01/20 - 1,208
- 5/02/20 - 1334
- 5/03/20 - 962
- 5/04/20 - 825
They also held a Health held a press update today at 12:15p. A few notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full live stream below.
- 3,084 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- 9,345 cases have been reported across 494 long term care living facilities, which include nursing and personal care homes.
- To date, there have been 2,458 deaths.
- All of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- As of 10 am today, 2,689 patients are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- 553 of those hospitalized required the use of a ventilator.
- Across our health system, 46% of hospital beds, 40% of our ICU beds, and nearly 75% of our ventilators are still available.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- Mental Crisis Text Line. Text 'PA to 741741
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area.
As of this morning, there are 20 new cases in the county with a total of 1,365 cases (confirmed or probable). 240 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. Out of those 240, one-hundred-one have been admitted to the ICU with sixty-one requiring the use of a ventilator. There have been one-hundred-two deaths. 18,502 test have been administered.
An interactive map of case locations as well as their COVID-19 Dashboard is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-9 years: 8
- 10-19 years: 19
- 20-29 years: 205
- 30-39 years: 178
- 40-49 years: 175
- 50-59 years: 258
- 60-69 years: 225
- 70+ years: 297
Breakdown of cases by gender:
- Female: 53%
- Male: 47%
"Of the 1,365 cases, 194 cases are in healthcare workers. This reflects 14% of the COVID-19 cases in Allegheny County. The Health Department thanks all of our frontline workers for keeping us healthy and safe.
For full transparency, the reporting of no additional deaths today and yesterday may be due to a delay in reporting for the weekend. ACHD reports data as soon as it is received but is uncertain at this time whether deaths have occurred this weekend but have not yet been reported."