Updated Article 5/12020 2:30 PM
The PA Department of Health held a press update today at 2:00p. A few notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full live stream below.
Governor Wolf announced that Pennsylvanian 24 counties will be moving from the Red to Yellow Phase of COVID-19 Mitigation. Details on what that means and the list of counties can be found HERE.
- To date, there have been 2,354 deaths.
- All of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- As of noon today, 2,677 patients are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- 561 of those hospitalized required the use of a ventilator.
- Across our health system, 47% of hospital beds, 40% of our ICU beds, and nearly 70% of our ventilators are still available.
- The state is providing plans for counties that are switching to the Yellow Phase of Mitigation to perform contact tracing.
- Increased testing capacity is also critical to move counties between the phases.
- The state's testing strategy ensures that testing is available for all sysmptomatic patients.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- Mental Crisis Text Line. Text 'PA to 741741
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
Original Article 5/1/2020 12:30 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 1,208 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 46,971. There have been 2,354 deaths statewide. 180,477 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map,HERE.
PA NEW positive case numbers each day for the last seven days:
- 4/25/20 - 1,397
- 4/26/20 - 1,116
- 4/27/20 - 885
- 4/28/20 - 1,214
- 4/29/20 - 1,102
- 4/30/20 - 1,397
- 5/01/20 - 1,208
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area.
As of this morning, there are now 1,319 cases (confirmed or probable) in the county. 235 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. Out of those 235, ninety-nine have been admitted to the ICU with sixty requiring the use of a ventilator. There have been ninety-nine deaths. 17,401 test have been administered.
An interactive map of case locations as well as their COVID-19 Dashboard is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-9 years: 7
- 10-19 years: 17
- 20-29 years: 204
- 30-39 years: 173
- 40-49 years: 168
- 50-59 years: 247
- 60-69 years: 215
- 70+ years: 288
Breakdown of cases by gender:
- Female: 53%
- Male: 47%
Thumbnail Courtesy of Getty Imag