Updated Article 4/30/2020 2:15 PM
The PA Department of Health held a press update today at 2:00p. A few notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full live stream below.
- 2,753 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- 8,112 cases have been reported across 468 long term care living facilities, which include nursing and personal care homes.
- To date, there have been 2,292 deaths.
- All of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- As of noon today, 2,706 patients are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- 562 of those hospitalized required the use of a ventilator.
- Across our health system, 40% of hospital beds, 40% of our ICU beds, and nearly 70% of our ventilators are still available.
- As we move to relax social distancing, and counties go from red to yellow, we must be sure that there is adequate PPE available to hospitals and health care providers to protect the public.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- Mental Crisis Text Line. Text 'PA to 741741
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
Original Article 4/30/2020 1:00 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 1,397 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 45,763. There have been 2,292 deaths statewide. 175,602 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map, HERE.
PA NEW positive case numbers each day for the last seven days:
- 4/24/20 - 1,599
- 4/25/20 - 1,397
- 4/26/20 - 1,116
- 4/27/20 - 885
- 4/28/20 - 1,214
- 4/29/20 - 1,102
- 4/30/20 - 1,397
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area.
As of this morning, there are now 1,289 cases (confirmed or probable) in the county. 236 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. There have been ninety-four deaths.
An interactive map of case locations as well as their COVID-19 Dashboard is available HERE.