Allegheny County released operational changes and #COVID19 guidelines that will be in effect when North Park & South Park Golf Courses open Friday.
See the official press release below for details.
North Park & South Park Golf Courses Opening on May 1
Operational changes and COVID-19 guidelines will be in effect
PITTSBURGH – The Allegheny County Parks Department today announced that North Park and South Park golf courses will open on Friday, May 1, with daily operating hours of 6:00 am-dusk. Regular season fees will be in effect. Snack bars at both courses will be open Monday-Friday, 11:00 am-7:00 pm, and weekends, 8:00 am-8:00 pm, serving a limited selection of candy, chips, pop, water, sports drinks and beer. Courses and snack bars accept cash, debit cards, American Express, Discover, Mastercard and Visa – but golfers are asked to pay with debit cards and credit cards if possible.
The following operational changes will be in effect at both courses:
- Golf cart usage will be limited to one person per cart.
- All practice greens and driving ranges will be closed.
- Restrooms will be open, but shower facilities will be closed.
- Sand trap rakes and ball washers have been removed.
- Green cups will be blocked, so players will play to the pin.
Golfers are asked to observe the following COVID-19 guidelines to help contain the spread of the virus:
- Stay at home if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms, including chills, fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, headache, sore throat and new loss of taste or smell.
- Wear a face covering in and around clubhouses and maintain physical distancing.
- Use a debit card or credit card instead of cash if possible.
- Walk the course if you are able.
- Only one person per golf cart is allowed.
- Maintain at least 6 feet from all players and staff on the course.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a sleeve or elbow.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, especially after handling money/paying for golf fees and using the restroom.
- Carry hand sanitizer in your golf bag and use it often.
- Leave flagsticks in when you putt.
- Do not pick up other players’ golf balls.
- Do not shake hands or give high-fives.
- When your round is over, go home.
- Do not gather in the parking lot before or after your round.
For golfing fees and additional information on the North Park and South Park golf courses, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/golf. For information, resources and operational changes related to COVID-19, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus.
Thumbnail courtesy of Getty Images.