Updated: 4/27/2020 2:30 PM
- 2,394 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- 7,037 cases have been reported across 441 long term care living facilities, which include nursing and personal care homes.
- To date, there have been 1,597 deaths.
- All of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- As of noon today, 2,799 patients are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- 615 of those hospitalized required the use of a ventilator.
- Across our health system, 47% of hospital beds, 40% of our ICU beds, and nearly 70% of our ventilators are still available.
- Today we released guidance for hospitals and other outpatient centers to resume elective surgeries, procedures, and admissions.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- Mental Crisis Text Line. Text 'PA to 741741
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
Updated: 4/27/2020 1:30 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 885 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 42,050. There have been 1,597 deaths statewide. 161,372 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map, HERE.
Breakdown of cases in Western Pennsylvania:
- Allegheny Co.: 1224 cases, 79 deaths, 14765 negatives
- Butler Co.: 170 cases, 6 deaths, 2041 negatives
- Beaver Co.: 387 cases, 56 deaths, 1898 negatives
- Washington Co.: 107 cases, 2 deaths, 1970 negatives
- Greene Co.: 25 cases, 393 negatives
- Fayette Co.: 79 cases, 4 deaths, 1648 negatives
- Westmoreland Co.: 377 cases, 19 deaths, 4188 negatives
- Indiana Co.: 63 cases, 4 deaths, 598 negatives
- Armstrong Co.: 47 cases, 2 deaths, 606 negatives
- Clarion Co.: 182cases, 1 deaths, 464 negatives
- Venango Co.: 7 cases, 231 negatives
- Forest Co.: 7 cases, 26 negatives
- Lawrence Co.: 63 cases, 5 deaths, 667 negatives
- Mercer Co.: 65 cases, 1 deaths, 664 negatives
Orignal Article: 4/27/2020 11:37 AM
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area.
As of this morning, there are now 1,224 cases (confirmed or probable) in the county. 213 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. Out of those 213, eighty-three have been admitted to the ICU with fifty requiring the use of a ventilator. There have been seventy-nine deaths. 15,971 test have been administered.
An interactive map of case locations as well as their COVID-19 Dashboard is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-9 years: 7
- 10-19 years: 16
- 20-29 years: 188
- 30-39 years: 158
- 40-49 years: 151
- 50-59 years: 235
- 60-69 years: 199
- 70+ years: 267
Breakdown of cases by gender:
- Female: 54%
- Male: 46%