Update: 4/16/2020 3:10 PM
Mayor Bill Peduto took to Facebook to share an update for the City of Pittsburgh. You can watch the video below or HERE.
Update: 4/16/2020 2:45 PM
The Pa Department of Health held its Daily Health Briefing at 2:00 pm. Notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full briefing HERE.
- 1,401 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- To date, there have been 707 deaths.
- All of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- As of noon today, 2,503 patients are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- That is slightly less 10% of the total case count in the state.
- 664 of those hospitalized required the use of a ventilator.
- Across our health system, 41% of hospital beds, 37% of our ICU beds, and nearly 70% of our ventilators are still available.
- The state is working to get more refined data on positive and negative tests.
- Now reporting negative tests by county on health.pa.gov.
- Data will now include gender.
- Working with healthcare providers to get more information about race and ethnicity of patients.
- Data reported for one day is a snapshot of the data from the day before.
- Trends show that our stay-at-home measures are working to help flatten the curve.
- Please comply with the orders issued yesterday to wear masks when entering stores or out of your homes.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- Mental Crisis Text Line. Text 'PA to 741741
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
Original Article: 4/16/2020 12:20 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 1,245 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 27,735. There have been 707 deaths statewide. 113,735 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map, HERE.
Breakdown of cases in Western Pennsylvania:
- Allegheny Co.: 925 cases, 38 deaths
- Butler Co.: 154 cases, 5 deaths
- Beaver Co.: 168 cases, 14 deaths
- Washington Co.: 71 cases, 1 death
- Greene Co.: 24 cases
- Fayette Co.: 60 cases, 3 deaths
- Westmoreland Co.: 237 cases, 13 deaths
- Indiana Co.: 44 cases, 2 deaths
- Armstrong Co.: 32 cases, 1 death
- Clarion Co.: 17 cases
- Venango Co.: 6 cases
- Forest Co.: 7 cases
- Lawrence Co.: 55 cases, 5 deaths
- Mercer Co.: 50 cases
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area.
As of this morning, there are now 925 positive cases in the county. 162 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. Out of those 146, fifty-seven have been admitted to the ICU with thirty-two requiring the use of a ventilator. There have been thirty-eight deaths. 10,872 test have been administered.
An interactive map of case locations as well as their COVID-19 Dashboard is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-9 years: 5
- 10-19 years: 15
- 20-29 years: 168
- 30-39 years: 127
- 40-49 years: 122
- 50-59 years: 177
- 60-69 years: 141
- 70+ years: 170
"Today’s increase in the number of deaths does not reflect a jump in deaths in the past 24 hours. Instead, it reflects a delay in deaths being added to the surveillance system. The department is working on a graph that will reflect deaths by date of death which will be added to the dashboard once complete."