Update: 4/15/2020 2:45 PM
The Pa Department of Health held its Daily Health Briefing at 2:30p pm. Notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full briefing HERE.
- 1,327 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- To date, there have been 647 deaths.
- All of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- As of noon today, 2,392 patients are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- That is approx. 10% of the total case count in the state.
- 662 of those hospitalized required the use of a ventilator.
- Across the state, 41% of hospital beds, 39% of our ICU beds, and nearly 70% of our ventilators are still available.
- Working to get more refined and accurate data related to those in nursing and personal care homes.
- The state's team is doing a deep dive into this data.
- Due to this deep dive the case count has increased substantially.
- 3,316 cases of #COVID19 has been seen in 297 distinct locations across 33 counties.
- 324 of the counted deaths in the state have occurred in these nursing and long term care homes.
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- Mental Crisis Text Line. Text 'PA to 741741
- Thanked all essential employees that provide essential, critical, and emergency services.
- To show thanks to these employees:
- Please stay home as much as possible.
- Wear a mask if you must go out.
- Wash your hands and cover your coughs
- Announced order signed by Dr. Levine to make currently open workplaces a safer place for employees.
Update: 4/15/2020 12:07 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 1,145 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 26,490. There have been 647 deaths statewide. 111,094 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map, HERE.
Breakdown of cases in Western Pennsylvania:
- Allegheny Co.: 904 cases with 26 deaths
- Butler Co.: 150 cases with 5 deaths
- Beaver Co.: 158 cases with 14 deaths
- Washington Co.: 71 cases with 1 death
- Greene Co.: 23 cases
- Fayette Co.: 58 cases with 3 deaths
- Westmoreland Co.: 237 cases with 11 deaths
- Indiana Co.: 43 cases with 1 death
- Armstrong Co.: 29 cases with 1 death
- Clarion Co.: 16 cases
- Venango Co.: 6 cases
- Forest Co.: 5 cases
- Lawrence Co.: 55 cases with 5 deaths
- Mercer Co.: 47 cases
Update: 4/15/2020 11:29 AM
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area.
As of this morning, there are now 904 positive cases in the county. 146 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. Out of those 146, fifty-five have been admitted to the ICU with thirty requiring the use of a ventilator. There have been twenty-six deaths. 10,689 test have been administered.
An interactive map of case locations as well as their COVID-19 Dashboard is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-9 years: 5
- 10-19 years: 15
- 20-29 years: 166
- 30-39 years: 127
- 40-49 years: 119
- 50-59 years: 174
- 60-69 years: 135
- 70+ years: 163
"The county's COVID-19 Dashboard, with additional demographic info, is available by going to http://alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus. It is updated each day by noon & also shares data on race and provides confirmed case info in different age groupings and categories."