The Pa Department of Health held its Daily Health Briefing at 2 pm. Notes from the briefing are below. You can watch the full briefing HERE.
- 1,250 cases of COVID-19 have been seen in health care workers.
- 1,869 cases have been reported across 232 long term care living facilities, which include nursing and personal care homes.
- To date, there have been 584 deaths.
- All of our deaths have been in adult patients.
- There is a lag time of reporting of deaths over the weekend.
- As of noon today, 2,306 patients are currently hospitalized due to COVID-19.
- That is approx. 10% of the total case count in the state.
- 666 of those hospitalized required the use of a ventilator.
- Across the state, 42% of hospital beds, 37% of our ICU beds, and nearly 70% of our ventilators are still available.
- Demographic data is important but difficult to collect as only about 60% of returned data from the health network includes all required information.
- Stay Calm. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
- Statewide support and referral hotline - 1 (855) 284-2494
- Mental Crisis Text Line. Text 'PA to 741741
Update: 4/14/2020 12:05 PM
The Pennsylvania Dept. of Health shared updated COVID-19 numbers for the state. As of this morning, there are an additional 1,146 positive cases. That brings the total count in PA to 25,345. There have been 584 deaths statewide. 108,286 patients have bested negative. You can see the updated statewide map, HERE.
Breakdown of cases in Western Pennsylvania:
- Allegheny: 893 cases with 24 deaths
- Butler: 143 cases with 5 deaths
- Beaver: 156 cases with 14 deaths
- Washington: 70 cases with 1 death
- Greene: 23 cases
- Fayette: 58 cases with 3 deaths
- Westmoreland: 231 cases with 12 deaths
- Indiana: 43 cases
- Armstrong: 28 cases with 1 death
- Clarion: 16 cases
- Venango: 6 cases
- Forest: 5 cases
- Lawrence: 51 cases with 4 deaths
- Mercer: 44 cases
Original Article 4/14/2020 11:09 AM
Allegheny County Health Department released their daily update for COVID-19 cases in the area.
As of this morning, there are now 893 positive cases in the county. 142 of those cases (past or present) have required hospitalization. Out of those 142, fifty-three have been admitted to the ICU with twenty requiring the use of a ventilator. There have been twenty-four deaths. 10,470 test have been administered.
An interactive map of case locations as well as their COVID-19 Dashboard is available HERE.
Breakdown of cases by age group:
- 0-9 years: 6
- 10-19 years: 15
- 20-29 years: 166
- 30-39 years: 127
- 40-49 years: 117
- 50-59 years: 174
- 60-69 years: 131
- 70+ years: 157
"The county has launched a COVID-19 Dashboard. Additional demographic info is available by going to http://alleghenycounty.us/coronavirus. It is updated each day by noon & also shares data on race and provides confirmed case info in different age groupings and categories."