Federal prosecutors held a press conference Sunday morning at 9am in their Point Breeze field office. US Attorney Scott Brady lead it off and was followed by: Robert Jones (FBI Pittsburgh Special Agent), Wendell Hissrich, Pittsburgh Police Chief Scott Schubert, Karl Williams (Chief Medical Examiner), Jeff Finkelstein, and Mayor Bill Peduto.
- FBI confirmed that some of the Federal counts are punishable by death.
- Bowers was officially taken into FBI custody last night but currently remains in the hospital for treatment. He is listed in fair condition.
- Crime scene may take up to a week to process and the area around Wilkins/Shady will remain closed for up to a week.
- Searches of Bowers properties are continuing.
- Four officers were injured. One was released from hospital yesterday. One hopefully to be released today. The others will need to stay under hospital supervision.
- The 11 victims have been identified.
- Joyce Feinberg, 75, of Oakland
- Richard Gottfried, 65, of Ross Township
- Rose Mallinger, 97, of Squirrel Hill
- Jerry Rabinowitz, 66, of Edgewood
- Cecil Rosenthal, 59, of Squirrel Hill
- David Rosenthal, 54, of Squirrel Hill
- Bernice Simon, 84, of Wilkinsburg
- Sylvan Simon, 86 of Wilkinsburg
- Daniel Stein, 71, of Squirrel Hill
- Melvin Wax, 88, of Squirrel Hill
- Irving Younger, 69, of Mount Washington
Images Courtesy of Getty Images.